Have you ever found yourself confused when someone else doesn’t ‘get ‘ your idea or plan of action when it seems so clear to you?
Have you ever wondered why we seem to relate better to some people than others?
Have you ever wondered why some colleagues understand you whereas others have very different styles and ways of doing things?
The Myers-Briggs™ Type Indicator (MBTI™) is the world’s most widely used and heavily researched psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions and for understanding personality differences. The very differences that can lead to misunderstanding and conflict in the workplace.
During World War II, after extensive study of the works of renowned Swiss psychotherapist and psychiatrist Carl Jung, Katherine Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers developed the personality inventory believing that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the type of war-time jobs that would be ‘most comfortable and effective.’
At Vital Minds Business Training, our MBTI™ facilitators provide consultancy, facilitation, mediation and coaching using MBTI™ and work with you and your staff to understand the individuals’ preference for communicating and dealing with the flow of information, in both group sessions and on a one-to-one basis –
- Where do you focus your attention?
- How do you take in or research information?
- How do you prefer to make decisions?
MBTI™ is effective at enabling self-understanding through identifying your strengths, your motivations and drivers and potential areas for growth. As important, it allows you to understand and appreciate those who are not like you. It explains the basic patterns in human functioning.
The benefits of using MBTI™ include –
- Helping you and your team to better understand themselves and their personal preferences
- Helping you and your team to better understand differences in others
- Helping you and your team to use their particular TYPE to your best advantage
- Improving interpersonal communication
- Avoiding and resolving conflict
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Developing and identifying future leaders
- Improving the overall culture in the workplace
- Encouraging the diversity of thought and creativity
For more information on our range of Myers-Briggs™ Type Indicator sessions and workshops and to discuss availability and booking, please contact us today.