‘What is it that makes the difference between somebody who is merely competent at any given skill, and somebody who excels at the same skill?’
In the early 1970s, psychologist Richard Bandler and linguist John Grinder teamed up to find an answer to this simple yet profound question and the origins of NLP were born.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is the practise of understanding how we organise our thinking, feelings, skills and behavioural patterns to produce the results in our everyday tasks that we do by studying how the highest achievers in specific fields get such outstanding results.
As a practical example, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of Computer Science graduates coming out of Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, MIT and CalTech every year so did Bill Gates simply get lucky?
1. ‘I was in the right place at the right time however there were many others in the same place as I when computers began to gain popularity.’
2. ‘I had a long-term vision of how the personal computer would revolutionise every facet of life. Again, there were many others who had the same vision.’
3. ‘I took massive, immediate action. If you’re in the right place at the right time and have the vision to see where a new technology is going but DON’T take action, you will never be successful. Without all three components in place, you’re doomed.’
NLP is the most powerful way to understand how to communicate and offers a proven methodology to model and replicate outstanding achievement, regardless of the field.
Our Discover NLP course covers, amongst other aspects, the following core themes –
- Understanding how to manage your emotional and psychological states
- How to build instant rapport with others
- How to use your brain to replace negative behaviours and habits with positive ones
- Learn techniques that create powerful and lasting shifts in thinking, possibility and change
- See issues in a different way
- How to manage behaviours to achieve the results you’re looking for
- Understand your own drivers and motivations and use them positively for maximum impact
- Transform your communication skills and techniques with everyone
Neuro-Linguistic Programming produces lasting, incredibly productive and positive results that can be applied in your personal as well as professional life.
For more information on our NLP sessions and workshops and to discuss availability and booking, please contact us today.